Kacey Musgraves Shares Swimsuit Photos From Mustique Island
Kacey Musgraves is heating up the tropics in her swimsuit. The country singer shows off her gorgeous figure in a bathing suit in one of her latest social media snaps, taken during a vacation in Mustique. In the Instagram post, she rides on a horse, plays cards, and goes for an evening stroll in her swimwear. "How I wish to be the tiny turtle in the palm of your hand," commented one of her followers. How does she stay so fit? Read on to see 5 ways Kacey Musgraves stays in shape and the photos that prove they work.
She Works "Her Butt Off" with a Trainer
Kacey works out with celebrity trainer Erin Opera, who told PureWow she works hard in the gym. "Kacey has worked her butt off and I couldn't be prouder of her. We've been able to keep her on track with the crazy schedule she's had over the last couple years," Opera said.
She Does Tabata Style Workouts
"Some workouts that we've loved doing that can be done on the bus are Tabatas. I also love turning fitness into a game because why not make it fun but still challenging?" Opera told PureWow. "Tabatas are a four-minute workout that involves 20-second bursts of exercise followed by 10 secs of rest for 8 rounds. You can do so much with it." Here is an example:
- Round one: Pushups
- Round two: Plank with chest taps
- Repeat rounds one and two until you complete eight rounds.
She Does Sumo Squat Games
Opera also has Musgraves play this Sumo Squat game.
- Complete ten small sumo squat jumps (a sumo squat is just like a regular squat but your stance is wider than hip-width and feet and knees are pointing outward )
- Hold your squat for ten seconds in the down position
- Complete nine sumo squat jumps
- Hold in the down position for ten seconds
- Complete eight sumo squat jumps
- Hold in the down position for ten seconds and repeat this formula until you get down to a single rep.
She Does Bure Barre
Musgraves told Us that she also like Pure Barre. When she is traveling she brings the DVD with her. "I can do the workouts everywhere." she said.
She Follows the 4 x 4 Diet
Erin follows Opera's 4 x 4 diet, "a clean, healthy, balanced lifestyle so that they can still enjoy the foods they love, but in moderation." She is allowed to drink alcohol, except in the week leading up to an award show. But other times, she is allowed to drink. "I'm not saying you can drink as much alcohol as you want, but I try to limit them to two drinks a week, which a lot of people are like, 'Oh jeez! I need wine every night, that's bologna!' But literally you can do that."