Demi Moore in Bathing Suit is "Full Throttle"
Demi Moore has been an icon for decades. And she still looks the same as she did at the beginning of her career. Moore just posted a new throwback video to her Instagram. In it, she walked towards a red convertible wearing a black bikini, her amazing abs on display. She captioned the post, "Full throttle." (Referencing the Charlie's Angels sequel.) How does she stay so fit? Read on to see 5 ways Demi Moore stays in shape and the photos that prove they work—and to get beach-ready yourself, don't miss these essential 30 Best-Ever Celebrity Bathing Suit Photos!
She Tries New Things
At a Goop Health Summit, Moore told W Magazine that she has changed her outlook for the year. She says that she has started to try new things. "It was about stepping out of my own comfort zone to say yes," she says. "Because normally I say no and feel shy or uncomfortable. So, this year has been about trying to say yes more often."
She Embraces Herself
Moore tells W Magazine that she is embracing her body, at all shapes, sizes, and ages. "The biggest difference, I think, is that I'm not in nearly as good shape physically as I have been before, and I have skin going in a direction that I would prefer it not go. There are things that just come with getting older. But I think my big mantra for this year is about acceptance. I was reading this book that was written around 1919, if I am remembering correctly, and it was very of its day. It was discussing all the 'female' concerns. There were some horrific suggestions on how to take care of yourself, including putting some kind of acid on your skin. But there was one thing I took away, because I think it's true—the author said not to frown because at a certain point it will stick. And what speaks to me here is that I do believe that when we hold upset, anger, hurt, pain or bitterness, it ages us and we wear it. That isn't to say we are always going to feel happy. But it's important not to hold on to things."
She Uses The Mirror Workouts
Moore's favorite workout is a unique one done at her home. She loves to use the Mirror Workout program, which is a video played on a full length mirror. She posted this video of herself doing different exercises on Instagram. Moore captioned the video, "15 mins flew by! Mirror mirror on the wall… A tight ass please!"
She Keeps Her Skincare Simple
Moore has amazing skin. She has looked relatively the same since the beginning of her career. Moore revealed some of her secrets in an interview with Harper's Bazaar. She says that she likes to keep her skincare routine simple. "My skincare routine is generally less is more," she says.
She Avoids Certain Products
Moore tells Harper's Bazaar that she avoids using certain products on her skin, as they would agitate it. "My skin is hyper hyper sensitive, so I can't have anything with fragrance," she explained. "It has to be really high quality, clean, active ingredients." "Daily cleansing and shaving can take a toll on your skin. To keep it gentle:
- Limit bath time. Hot water and long showers or baths remove oils from your skin. Limit your bath or shower time, and use warm — rather than hot — water.
- Avoid strong soaps. Strong soaps and detergents can strip oil from your skin. Instead, choose mild cleansers.
- Shave carefully. To protect and lubricate your skin, apply shaving cream, lotion or gel before shaving. For the closest shave, use a clean, sharp razor. Shave in the direction the hair grows, not against it.
- Pat dry. After washing or bathing, gently pat or blot your skin dry with a towel so that some moisture remains on your skin.
- Moisturize dry skin. If your skin is dry, use a moisturizer that fits your skin type. For daily use, consider a moisturizer that contains SPF," says the Mayo Clinic.