Skip to content

Kelsea Ballerini in Bathing Suit is "Subject to Change" 

Here’s how she stays so fit.

Kelsea Ballerini is embracing the changes in her life. The country star, who recently announced her split from husband Morgan Evans, shows off her fabulous figure in a swimsuit via her latest social media post. "But if one thing's the same, it's that i'm subject to change," she captioned the Instagram post. How does she stay so fit? Read on to see 7 ways Kelsea Ballerini stays in shape and the photos that prove they work—and to get beach-ready yourself, don't miss these essential 30 Best-Ever Celebrity Bathing Suit Photos!


She Exercises

John Shearer/Getty Images

Fitness is a big part of Kelsea's stay-fit approach. "I have a trainer when I'm home in Nashville. Her name is Erin Oprea and she also trains Carrie Underwood and a bunch of other people. We do a lot of strength training and then when I'm on the road, we do circuits — sometimes with my band — or we'll go to a class that's close by, like if there's a Soul Cycle we'll go offsite to do that, which is really fun," she told The Cut


She Prioritizes Wellness

John Shearer/Getty Images

Kelsea defines wellness as "Taking care of your health, body, and mind," she told The Cut. "Ever since I started traveling a lot, I learned that if I don't take care of my body, then I'm not going to be my best on tour or in the studio. When I take care of myself, I'm just better: I'm better as an artist and a person."


She Follows the 80/20 Diet Approach

Kelsea is one of the many stars who swear by the 80/20 approach. "I try to eat really healthy 80 percent of the time, and then the other 20 percent of the time I'm eating cookies, pizza, and wine," she told The Cut. Her cheat meals? "Chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-A or cheddar-jack grilled cheeses. Those are my two guilty pleasures."


She Does What Works for Her

Kelsea maintains that people should approach health and fitness on a case-by-base basis. "You have to find what works for you and not compare your health or your workouts or your eating patterns to anyone else's, because everyone is different and everyone's bodies are different. Learn what works for you, and be happy with that," she told The Cut. 


She Recently Took a Break From the Gym

Jason Kempin/Getty Images

Kelsea recently took a hiatus from the gym. "As someone that's really struggled with body image my whole life, I really have to be checked in to, 'Am I doing this for the right reasons?' And I felt like by the end of that tour, I was starting to detach from the correct reasons for working out," she told Women's Health. "I'll definitely start introducing cardio and strength training again so I can perform well, but I've been in a 'Season of Rest' before tuning up again." 


She Counts Her Steps

RB/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images

Kelsea told Women's Health that she is all about the "really long, slow walks." Her goal is to hit 10,000 steps per day. "Just to get fresh air and get sunshine and move my body, but not move my body in a way that I'm feeling like I'm needing [to see] some results."


She Dances

Kelsea did "all kinds of dance" growing up, but recently started taking ballet classes a few times a week. "I started taking ballet again. I danced for 10 years when I was younger, and quit when I was 14. But I loved it so much. And then my path really shifted to music," she explained. "I'm just trying to see what my body remembers and then and then relearn the art of it, because it's so beautiful," she says. "It's the little micro muscles in your ankles and in your inner thighs, and the (idea) that there's a string pulling you directly up to the ceiling while your toes are pushing down into the ground."

Leah Groth
Leah Groth has decades of experience covering all things health, wellness and fitness related. Read more
Filed Under