Sara Corrales in Bathing Suit Shares "The Energy of the Heart"
Colombian actress Sara Corrales is sharing some inspiration during the freezing cold winter days. Corrales shared a picture of herself posing in the pool in a blue bikini, with a caption designed to be thought-provoking. "The energy of the heart is impossible to hide, others will perceive it from miles away because you embody that divine feeling 💖," she captioned the post. How does she stay so fit? Read on to see 5 ways Sara Corrales stays in shape and the photos that prove they work—and to get beach-ready yourself, don't miss these essential 30 Best-Ever Celebrity Bathing Suit Photos!
She Loves Chayote
Chayote squash is always on rotation as part of what Corrales calls "fitness food". "A whole chayote only has 38.6 calories and 0.1 grams of fat," says nutritionist Robert Hughes. "The high water content and fiber help keep you fuller for longer without taking in a lot of calories. You can eat chayote as a snack to keep hunger at bay and stay within your daily calorie intake. Due to the fruit's soft texture, you can use chayote to bulk up a salad or add it to a smoothie."
Seafood on the Menu
Corrales is a huge fan of seafood, especially fish, which she enjoys with rice and salad. "One of the most well-known benefits of eating fish is related to improving heart health," says Sydney Lappe, MS, RDN. "The reason fish can benefit heart health is mainly due to the high omega-3 fatty acids they provide. Omega-3's helps fight inflammation, which is an underlying cause of heart disease and many other chronic diseases."
Apple Cider Vinegar
Corrales enjoys apple cider vinegar, which is fine as part of an overall healthy diet. "Apple cider vinegar might lower your glucose a little, but not enough," says Beth Czerwony, RD. Apple cider vinegar is a type of vinegar made from fermented apple juice. It has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for a variety of health conditions. Here are some potential health benefits of apple cider vinegar:
- May help with weight loss: Some studies have suggested that consuming apple cider vinegar may help with weight loss by reducing appetite and increasing feelings of fullness.
- May lower blood sugar levels: Apple cider vinegar may help to lower blood sugar levels by slowing the absorption of carbohydrates. This may be beneficial for people with diabetes or prediabetes.
- May improve heart health: Apple cider vinegar may help to lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure, which may be beneficial for heart health.
No meal is complete for Corrales without healthy protein, especially chicken. "A skinless chicken breast is the leanest cut of chicken and an optimal choice for supporting or maintaining weight loss and building muscle," says Mascha Davis, MPH, RDN. "In comparison to other meat sources, chicken breast offers lean protein, meaning it offers fewer calories due to its low-fat content."
Lots of Eggs
Corrales loves adding delicious eggs to her healthy meals. "Both the egg white and yolk are rich in nutrients, including proteins, vitamins and minerals," says registered nutritionist Jo Lewin. "The yolk contains fat-soluble vitamins (such as vitamins D and E) and essential fatty acids; while most of the protein is found in the egg white." Eggs are a nutritious food that can be a healthy part of a well-balanced diet. Here are some of the potential health benefits of including eggs in your diet:
- High in protein: Eggs are an excellent source of high-quality protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body, as well as for maintaining healthy bones and muscles.
- Rich in nutrients: Eggs are a good source of many nutrients, including vitamins D and B12, as well as minerals such as zinc and iron.
- May support heart health: Some studies have suggested that eating eggs may help to lower the risk of heart disease by increasing the levels of "good" cholesterol in the body and helping to regulate blood pressure.