Skip to content

WWE's Carmella in Bathing Suit is "So Awesome"

Here is how the pro wrestler stays fit.

Carmella, aka Leah Van Dale, is showing off her fit figure in a bathing suit! The WWE wrestler shows off her famous figure in a swimsuit via her latest Instagram post, provoking lots of positive comments from her followers. "So awesome," writes one. "Gorgeous," added another. How does the athlete keep herself ready for the ring? Read on to see 5 ways Carmella stays in shape and the photos that prove they work—and to get beach-ready yourself, don't miss these essential 30 Best-Ever Celebrity Bathing Suit Photos!

1

She Eats Clean 70 Percent of the Time

Carmella doesn't follow a specific diet, but focuses on clean eating. "I try to eat clean 70% of the time; fruits, veggies, nuts etc. The other 30% of the time I eat what I want. It's important not to deprive yourself because then you overindulge when you give in. At least that's how it works for me. So now I'm finally at a point in my life where if I want to eat something, I will. Life it too short not to enjoy the wine!" she told Parade. "All good things are ok in moderation!"

2

She Eats Healthy Takeouts

Carmella admits that she eats a lot of takeout, but manages to make it healthy. "I am on the road five days a week. It's super difficult to meal prep, then take everything on the road when I'm constantly on airplanes and don't get to hotels until 2 a.m. I try to find a Whole Foods, Trader Joe's or any natural market I can when I'm on the road. When I'm in pinch, I rely on egg white bites from Starbucks. One of my favorite go-to snacks is fresh fruit," she told Parade. 

3

She Does "Empty Stomach Cardio" and Weight Trains

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Leah Van Dale (@carmellawwe)

"I do 30 minutes of empty stomach cardio on the bike or treadmill in the morning. I try to weight train 4-5 days a week. When I'm home, I train with my personal trainer and really try to ramp up my workouts because it's hard to get them in on the road and really push myself when I'm alone and tired," she told Parade about her workout routine. 

4

She Focuses On Being Healthy, Not Skinny

"I focus on being healthy," she told Parade about her goals. "For a long time I looked in the mirror and hated what I saw. As a dancer, I always struggled with my weight and not thinking I was thin enough. I look back at pictures and I was rail thin but I put so much pressure on myself to look a certain way. That mentality followed me well into my adult life. It wasn't until the last few years that I finally realized being healthy is so much more important than being skinny. It's important to find a healthy balance of being fit and being mentally ok with how you look. Sure there are days I feel better or worse about my body than others, but ultimately its important to be healthy and strong.Every day I look at my body and thank God for making me healthy. My body is my only tool for work. I need to take care of it or else I can't perform my job properly. If I don't treat it right or respect it, then I have no job. It's been a long journey, but I've learned to love my body and what it does for me."

5

She Meditates

Shutterstock

Carmella takes care of her mind as well. "Meditation is something I've incorporated into my daily routine as well. It keeps my mind right and gets me mentally prepared for my day or helps me reflect on it before I go to sleep," she told Parade. 

Leah Groth
Leah Groth has decades of experience covering all things health, wellness and fitness related. Read more
Filed Under