Skip to content

Carmella in Bathing Suit Shares "All I Can See"

Here are her top diet and fitness tips

Carmella, aka Leah Van Dale, is showing off her baby bump in a bathing suit! The WWE wrestler is poppin' in one of her latest social media posts, wearing a bathing suit while lounging on a boat. "All I can see is the tag sticking out of my top," she captioned the series of Instagram snaps. How does the athlete keep herself ready for the ring? Read on to see 5 of Carmella's top diet and fitness tips for staying in shape and the photos that prove they work—and to get beach-ready yourself, don't miss these essential 30 Best-Ever Celebrity Bathing Suit Photos!


Eat Clean


Carmella focuses her diet around the principle of clean eating. "I try to eat clean 70% of the time; fruits, veggies, nuts etc. The other 30% of the time I eat what I want. It's important not to deprive yourself because then you overindulge when you give in. At least that's how it works for me. So now I'm finally at a point in my life where if I want to eat something, I will. Life it too short not to enjoy the wine!" she told Parade. "All good things are ok in moderation!"


Order Takeout, But Make It Health

While Carmella does confess to eating a lot of takeout, she explains that she tries to keep her orders as healthy as possible. "I am on the road five days a week. It's super difficult to meal prep, then take everything on the road when I'm constantly on airplanes and don't get to hotels until 2 a.m. I try to find a Whole Foods, Trader Joe's or any natural market I can when I'm on the road. When I'm in pinch, I rely on egg white bites from Starbucks. One of my favorite go-to snacks is fresh fruit," she told Parade. 


Exercise on an Empty Stomach

Carmella doesn't eat prior to working out. "I do 30 minutes of empty stomach cardio on the bike or treadmill in the morning. I try to weight train 4-5 days a week. When I'm home, I train with my personal trainer and really try to ramp up my workouts because it's hard to get them in on the road and really push myself when I'm alone and tired," she told Parade about her workout routine. 


Don't Strive for Skinny

"I focus on being healthy," she told Parade about her goals. While she struggled with weight and body image for a lot of her life, "it wasn't until the last few years that I finally realized being healthy is so much more important than being skinny," she said. "It's important to find a healthy balance of being fit and being mentally ok with how you look. Sure there are days I feel better or worse about my body than others, but ultimately its important to be healthy and strong.Every day I look at my body and thank God for making me healthy. My body is my only tool for work. I need to take care of it or else I can't perform my job properly. If I don't treat it right or respect it, then I have no job. It's been a long journey, but I've learned to love my body and what it does for me."



Carmella is all about getting her zen on. "Meditation is something I've incorporated into my daily routine as well. It keeps my mind right and gets me mentally prepared for my day or helps me reflect on it before I go to sleep," she told Parade. 

Leah Groth
Leah Groth has decades of experience covering all things health, wellness and fitness related. Read more
Filed Under