Skip to content

Denise Austin in Bathing Suit Shares "Then and Now"

Here’s how she stays so fit.

Denise Austin is sharing a then-and-now photo wearing the same swimsuit. The fitness guru shows off her incredible figure at 66 in one of her latest social media posts, modeling a bathing suit she's had since the 1990s. "Flashback Friday!!! WOW!! what an incredible memory to look back on!! This Then and Now brings back such nostalgia…I wore this suit back in the '90s while shooting my TV show!! How many of you remember watching??? I still feel as confident and fit as ever and love that I have this suit to remind me how far I've come!! Longevity baby!!! Thank you to everyone that has always supported me.. THEN and NOW!!!!" she captioned the Instagram post. How does she stay so fit? Read on to see 6 ways Denise Austin stays in shape and the photos that prove they work—and to get beach-ready yourself, don't miss these essential 30 Best-Ever Celebrity Bathing Suit Photos!


She Works Out in 10-Minute Increments

Denise has a number of tricks to keep herself in tip top shape. One is that she works out in ten-minute increments. "If you can do 10 minutes of working out at a time and do that three times a day, you will have worked out 30 minutes in one day,' noted the star in her charming easy-to-relate-to manner," she told Daily Mail.


She Moves All Day

Denise stays active all day long. "It is all about blood circulation and moving. I even stand up and walk in place when I watch TV just to keep it flowing," she told Daily Mail. "The consistency pays off."


She Walks

John Parra/Getty Images

One of Denise's primary methods of exercise is walking. "It is a healthy way to feel better and improved mood and sleep. Exercise is the best pre-meditative medicine," she told Daily Mail. "I like to exercise to feel good. I feel energetic after a walk, the endorphins get going and flow, it helps with stress and anxiety and pent-up feelings."


She Prioritizes Posture

Jerod Harris/Getty Images

"Not many people think about posture these days, but if you stand up straight you pull in your stomach muscles and you are really working out without working out, so I would say that is one of my best tips, because it requires minimum effort but offers maximum results if you do it often," Denise added to Daily Mail.


She Pays Attention to Portion Size


Denise also pays attention to the size of her meals. "I eat smaller portions," she told Daily Mail. "For dinner I may have salmon and veggies. A snack is flax seed with yogurt. I love avocadoes and eggs for breakfast." She also prepares her own meals. "I cook really healthy for my family. There are a lot of salads, chicken tacos, vegetable lasagnas, casseroles with less cheese."


She Follows the 80/20 Rule

Denise eats healthy but allows herself to indulge on occasion. "I eat well 80 percent of the time and the other 20 percent I am bad," she confessed to Daily Mail. "We probably know that we should not have too many foods or drinks that are high in saturated fat, salt and sugar such as chocolate, cakes, biscuits, pastry, crisps and fried chips. If you include these, try to keep portion sizes small," says the British Nutrition Foundation.

Leah Groth
Leah Groth has decades of experience covering all things health, wellness and fitness related. Read more
Filed Under