Skip to content

Olivia Culpo in Bathing Suit Poses With Christian McCaffrey

The style icon loves smoothies, but at an unexpected time.

Olivia Culpo first broke onto the scene almost 10 years ago, when she represented Rhode Island at the Miss USA 2012 pageant. She went on to take the crown that year. She then took the Miss Universe crown later that year, cementing her status. Since then, Culpo has become a style icon. Her lucky man? Carolina Panthers Pro-Bowl running back Christian McCaffrey. Culpo shared a photo of them in paradise. How does she stay so fit? Read on to see 6 ways Olivia Culpo stays in shape and the photos that prove they work—and to get beach-ready yourself, don't miss these essential 30 Best-Ever Celebrity Bathing Suit Photos!


She Believes In The 80/20 Rule

Culpo tells Women's Health that she is a big believer in eating a balanced diet, and that she follows the popular "80/20 Rule" to stay healthy. The 80/20 Rule involves eating healthy 80% of the week, and enjoying indulgences the other 20%. Many other celebrities have spoken about using this plan. 


She Loves Salads


For lunch, Culpo tells Women's Health that she usually will have a salad. "I love chicken and any veggies with a miso vinaigrette," she says. 


She Makes Simple, One-Pan Meals

Samir Hussein/WireImage

Culpo tells Women's Health that she likes to cook some of her meals, and that she likes to keep it simple and healthy. "One trick I use is easy, one-pan meals," she says. "I chop up chicken, put it in a bag, season it, and roll the chicken around in the seasoning. Then, I put it on a pan with broccolini and sweet potatoes and bake it at 350 or 375."


She Has Smoothies For Snacks

Jacopo M. Raule/Getty Images

Culpo, like many celebrities, loves to have smoothies to stay healthy. However, while most people like to start their day with a smoothie, Culpo says that she prefers to have them as a snack. "Smoothies are really filling, so if I'm trying to be really clean, I sometimes have them as snacks," she says to Women's Health.


She Sets Attainable Goals

Culpo tells Shape that she likes to be consistent with her fitness routine, and one of the most important parts of it is making sure she doesn't burn out. Culpo says that she is realistic with her fitness, and sets goals that she can attain. "I try to stay active as much as I can by doing low-impact, high-intensity workouts so that I'm consistent and I don't wake up one day and realize it's been two weeks and I haven't worked out."


She Loves Pilates

Phillip Faraone/Getty Images

Culpo revealed a lot of her favorite ways to exercise in an interview with HollywoodLife. She says that Pilates is one of her go-to ways to stay in shape, and that it helps her with the stress of her daily life. "I think Pilates is also another almost meditative type of workout. You can just forget everything and go through the motions and breathe."

Anna Bechtel
Anna Bechtel is a freelance writer currently based in Hamden, CT. Read more
Filed Under